SmartTrack is an asset tracking solution projected as integrated software-hardware business system that securely identifies, monitors, locates and manages any type of goods, assets, items, equipment, containers, vehicles or persons, using the RFID and/or GPS systems to ensure end-to-end tracking and target visibility.
The solution can be easily tailored to a wide range of tracking activities in various industries, such as transportation and fleet management, car rental services, public utilities, cable and telecom, construction, delivery, oil, gas & mining, heavy equipment maintenance, child protection, elderly care, pet tracking and many more.
We cover all aspects of real-time online, offline and semi-offline geo location tracking and control, with the following specific differences between technologies:
- With real-time online geo-location, the device receives the coordinates from the satellite and relays the information to the server constantly. The tracking sensors use the GPRS/EDGE/3G technology for this.
- This online tracking is commonly used in operations that require permanent geo-location services, like logistics, traffic or car fleet systems. However, the costs associated with the continuous use of GPRS/EDGE/3G and with the increased server activity, are higher.
- The offline geo-location tracking consists of receiving the current location of the object from the satellite and recording various data such as position, time, speed, etc. in the memory storage of the tracking devices. The system is not connected to a network, so the user will have to check the recorded data after task completion.
- The semi-offline tracking implies receiving the real time location from the satellite and sending it to the user as requested. Data sending can be based on GPRS/ EDGE/3G or SMS.
- Increased asset visibility: the on-screen mapping and management of the distributed assets is easily performed, with real-time view over object movement
- Real-time position tracking: using the combination of dedicated GPS and RFID technologies, customers can locate assets more accurately and rapidly
- Regular data reporting: performed via the GSM/GPRS mobile phone network back to the dedicated server
- Custom objects configuration: the system allows the creation of custom tracking rules for particular groups of objects
- Geo-fencing: the system supports the creation of user defined boundaries and safety zones in which tracked assets can either enter or exit
- System alerts: if the monitored assets cross the defined geo-fences, the system raises relevant alerts and notifications via SMS or e-mail
- Fixed asset tracking organization: the data grids view is designed to be highly useful for managing asset data. Users can easily rename data fields and columns so that teams can navigate through the information quickly and fluently
- Advanced reporting: users can compile various asset-tracking reports, easily filtering and sorting the data fields. They can print, export to MS Excel and email reports directly from the system
- Remote monitoring & control: the system reduces equipment costs, improves maintenance planning, limits liabilities and prevents operational failures
- Continuous supply chain optimization: by increasing the accuracy of information, the system cuts costs by reducing inventories and lead times and by reducing direct goods transportation costs
- Increased safety & security for theft prevention: by constantly monitoring locations and assets, the system provides enhanced security protection for high-value loads, improves the detection of malicious threats and stolen asset recovery.